Enjoy delicious vegan desserts sold at participating Whistler restaurants from November 1st – 14th, and vote for the winning chefs in 3 categories:
‘Most Decadent’ ‘Most Creative’ ‘Best Overall’
If you’d like to join a ‘dessert crawl’ please sign up on the Facebook event page.
(The restaurants have confirmed they are happy for you to only order a dessert if you prefer.)
Kicking off on World Vegan Day, November 1st, Whistler chefs have been challenged to create and showcase their best vegan dessert, to be sold in their restaurants from November 1st to November 14th.
Diners can order the vegan desserts at each participating restaurant and then vote for the winners in the three categories.
(If you’re not on Facebook you can email your votes to email@example.com. Voting ends on November 18th.)
Why a Vegan Dessert Challenge?
With the vegan lifestyle become more and more popular there is an increasing number of people seeking vegan options at restaurants. Whilst they may find an entrée fairly easy to come by these days, desserts, however, are another matter.
Whistler has it’s stand out gems when it comes to vegan dining and certainly during the daytime you can find a plethora of vegan muffins and cheezecakes.
But when it comes to evening dining, vegan desserts are few and far between. For diners looking for that sweet vegan treat after dinner, their best bet is to hit up IGA or Nester’s for a tub of creamy cashew salted caramel chocolate ice cream or an insanely delicious New York Style Daiya vegan cheesecake.
So we decided to challenge Whistler chefs to get a little creative and for just two weeks, starting on World Vegan Day on November 1st, to offer their best, most decadent, most delicious vegan desserts!
How does it work?
- Whistler Restaurants will offer for sale one or more vegan dessert options as an addition to their regular menu for the period of November 1st to 14th.
- The restaurant will let us know the name of the dessert(s) they will be entering in the challenge, so that we can promote them via our website and social media – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whistler locals and visitors will eat out at the restaurants and enjoy the incredibly delicious vegan desserts.
- At the end of the challenge diners will vote online for the winners out of each category – ‘Most Decadent’, ‘Most Creative’ and ‘Best Overall’ (poll will be posted on this page at the start of the challenge).
Rules? There are no rules!
Some guidelines for chefs and restaurants might be handy though…
- You can use any ingredient you like as long as it’s vegan. You’re welcome to include vegan products such as Earth Balance margarine, Daiya vegan cheeses, aquafaba etc.
- Please avoid using any animal products, including dairy, eggs, non-vegan gelatine, honey and non-vegan sugar
- Be sure to let your diners know about the vegan challenge to increase your chances of winning!
If you have any questions, please contact Hayley at email@example.com.
Have fun and enjoy the decadence!
Participating restaurants will be listed on this page as they sign up.