I was recently visiting my sister in Australia and finally got try one of the blondies she’s always telling me about. They were delicious!
I tried making them as soon as I got home, and being a big fan of cinnamon (I’m known to add it to all sweet treats), I decided to add some cinnamon to the blondie recipe. This slight tweak to the recipe made the blondies remind me of my favourite soft batch cookies as a kid! I was so excited as I’ve been wanting to find a healthy soft batch chocolate chip cookie recipe for ages. I will definitely be making more of these!
Soft Batch Choc Chip Cookies / Choc Chip Chickpea Blondies:
- 1.5 cup cooked chickpeas
- 3/4 dates (soaked if not medjool dates)
- 1/4 cup oats, ground into flour
- 1/4 nut butter (I used cashew butter)
- 1/2 chocolate chips
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor except for chocolate chips. Mix should be smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, add chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 mins.
- Try not to eat them all at once!