The number of vegan options in Whistler is growing faster than I can keep this list up to date (which is awesome!), so I recommend posting in the Whistler Vegans Facebook group for the latest recommendations and checking out the Happy Cow Listings and the locals’ top picks for 2017.
Please note that we can not guarantee that restaurants are offering strictly vegan food. Not all restaurants label their dishes and the servers may or may not be aware of ingredients. It is recommended that if you are strict with your diet you call the restaurant a day or two in advance to ensure your needs can be met.
You can also check out our restaurant blog posts for reviews and photos.
- The Green Moustache Organic Café – Whistler’s only vegan café! Juices, smoothies, salads, chili, soup, breakfast (including vegan waffles!) and delicious raw desserts. 2 locations – one in Marketplace and one in Function Junction.
- Raven’s Nest – On-mountain vegetarian restaurant offering salads, soup, sandwiches, chili etc. Lift ticket required.
Many restaurants in Whistler now offer vegan options and below we have highlighted some of the most popular locations.
- Alta Bistro – French Bistro with incredible vegan fine-dining options. Read our review.
- Aura and Cure Lounge – Restaurant and lounge at Nita Lake Lodge. Good vegan options (including pancakes!) and often offer an entirely vegan 3 course menu.
- Fifi’s Bistro – a new bistro in the Upper Village doing a great job catering to vegans.
- Mongolie Grill – Select your own ingredients and create your own dish. 20% off for veggie diners. Let them know you’re vegan.
- GLC – Slopeside bar with several vegan dishes including a tempeh burger.
- Stonesedge Kitchen – winner of the 2016 Vegan Dessert Challenge. Now under new ownership but still has a good selection of vegan options.
- Harajuku Isakaya – A new favourite for Whistler vegan locals for Japanese food.
- Ohyama Ramen – Home to Whistler’s best vegan ramen.
- Samurai Sushi – Casual sushi restaurant with many vegan options. Nesters and Creekside.
- Tandoori Grill – Many vegan options clearly marked on the menu. Owner is vegetarian.
- Royal Taste of India – Many vegan items clearly marked on the menu.
- La Cantina – Mexican café with 2 locations – Marketplace and Nesters.
- Mexican Corner – Mexican restaurant with increasing number of vegan dishes.
Café / Quick Serve
- Gone Eatery – Several vegan dishes including breakfast and lunch. Read our review.
- Naked Sprout – Juice bar with salads and hot food.
- Shred – salad bar with lots of vegan options
- Misty Mountain Pizza – vegan pizza with Daiya cheese.
- Ingrid’s Café – deli with vegan sandwiches.
- Mount Currie Coffee – Coffee shop with vegan meals and baked goods.
- Olives – organic grocery store with vegan meals and baked goods, including vegan cinnamon buns!
Some restaurants are now offering the Beyond Burger. Check with the server if modifications need to be made to dishes to make them vegan.
- Purebread – Bakery with amazing chocolate chip vegan cookie and sometimes other vegan options.