The number of vegan options in Whistler is growing faster than I can keep this list up to date (which is awesome!), so I recommend posting in the Whistler Vegans Facebook group for the latest recommendations and checking out the Happy Cow Listings and the locals’ top picks for 2018.
Please note that we can not guarantee that restaurants are offering strictly vegan food. Not all restaurants label their dishes and the servers may or may not be aware of ingredients. It is recommended that if you are strict with your diet you call the restaurant a day or two in advance to ensure your needs can be met.
You can also check out our restaurant blog posts for reviews and photos.
- BReD – 100% plant-based bakery owned by two awesome, local vegans. Incredibly delicious bread and baked goods, as well as coffee. Check them out in Whistler’s Creekside.
- The Green Moustache Organic Café – Juices, smoothies, salads, hot food, soup, breakfast (including vegan waffles!) and delicious raw desserts. Two locations – one in Marketplace and one in Function Junction.
- Velvet Underground – vegan café with tasty sandwiches, cakes and more. Also a vintage clothing store.
- Raven’s Nest – On-mountain vegetarian restaurant offering salads, soup, chili. Lift ticket required.
Many restaurants in Whistler now offer vegan options and below we have highlighted some of the most popular locations.
- Alta Bistro – French Bistro with incredible vegan fine-dining options. Read our review.
- Aura and Cure Lounge – Restaurant and lounge at Nita Lake Lodge. Good vegan options (including pancakes!) and often offer an entirely vegan 3 course menu.
- Fifi’s Bistro – a new bistro in the Upper Village doing a great job catering to vegans.
- Mongolie Grill – Select your own ingredients and create your own dish. 20% off for veggie diners. Let them know you’re vegan.
- GLC – Slopeside bar with several vegan dishes including a tempeh burger.
- Earls – recently added an all vegan menu with 7 vegan main course dishes.
- Stonesedge Kitchen – winner of the 2016 Vegan Dessert Challenge. Now under new ownership but still has a good selection of vegan options.
- Harajuku Isakaya – A new favourite for Whistler vegan locals for Japanese food.
- Ohyama Ramen – Home to Whistler’s best vegan ramen.
- Samurai Sushi – Casual sushi restaurant with many vegan options.
- Whistler Samurai Bowl – Previously Samurai Sushi. Has vegan options including vegan ramen.
- Tandoori Grill – Many vegan options clearly marked on the menu. Owner is vegetarian.
- Royal Taste of India – Many vegan items clearly marked on the menu.
- La Cantina – Mexican café with 2 locations – Marketplace and Nesters.
- Mexican Corner – Mexican restaurant with increasing number of vegan dishes.
Café / Quick Serve
- Hip Pocket Pies – available at the Whistler Farmers Market in the summer and sometimes at Velvet Underground year round, these incredible vegan pies are not to be missed!
- Cranked – coffee shop with several vegan items, including baked goods.
- Gone Eatery – Several vegan dishes including breakfast and lunch. Read our review.
- The Corner Deli – Sandwich shop with vegan options.
- Splitz Grill – Now has the Beyond Burger with vegan mayo.
- Naked Sprout – Juice bar with salads and hot food.
- Misty Mountain Pizza – vegan pizza with Daiya cheese.
- Functional Pie Pizzeria – vegan pizzas with toppings such as Daiya cheese and Beyond Meat sausage.
- Ingrid’s Café – deli with vegan sandwiches.
- Peaked Pies – Australian pie shop/café that sells some vegan pies.
- Mount Currie Coffee – Coffee shop with vegan meals and baked goods.
- Olives – organic grocery store with vegan meals and baked goods, including vegan cinnamon buns!
- BReD – 100% vegan bakery and coffee shop now open in Creekside!
- Purebread – Bakery and coffee shop with vegan bread, and some vegan baked goods depending on the day.
- Juice Nation – 100% organic, plant-based food truck at the Sunday Farmers’ Market, Rainbow Park and Lost Lake this summer
- The Turmeric Trailer – 100% plant-based food truck serving the Sea to Sky